How Triumph Works
PRECISE DOSE RED LIGHT THERAPY
Just as with prescription drugs that have specific doses, red light therapy also requires a specific dose to be effective. Only Triumph delivers the exact dose of red light energy to relieve your arthritic hand pain, stiffness and swelling.
INFRARED HEAT THERAPY
Heat dilates the blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms. Heat also reduces the sensation of pain, providing you with greater flexibility.
VIBRATION MASSAGE THERAPY
Vibration increases blood and lymphatic activity, provides comfort and joint relaxation and increases flexibility. Vibration massage also acts as a sensory distraction, interrupting chronic pain signals traveling to your brain, relieving your pain without pills.Why is the Triumph a unique hand therapy device?
The key differentiator of Triumph LTD Hand Therapy is the precise control with which the proper light therapy is delivered at precisely the correct dose of light during each treatment session. Designed specifically for hand treatment, it eliminates the variables of light frequency and intensity: distance from the lights, treatment time and dosing. The medical community has been calling for treatment-site specific devices and Triumph LTD Hand Therapy is the first to fill the need as a hand therapy device.
Our unique attributes include:
- A combination of both 660nm and 850nm LEDs (light emitting diodes) are the sweet spot of the optical window and provide the best cellular response for photobiomodulation cellular treatment
- A warm hand chamber promotes circulation and relaxes the hand
- Vibration massage of the hand during the treatment session increases blood and lymphatic activity, provides comfort and joint relaxation and increases flexibility
- High-intensity LEDs measured in joules ensure deep penetration of the light into the hand tissue
- Controlled distance between the LEDs and finger joints and hands ensure full light coverage
- Simultaneous treatment of both the back and palm of the hand
- Controlled treatment session time delivers the proper photonic dose
Why add heat and vibration massage to the red light therapy?
Vibration massage and heat work together to provide comfort and reduce pain. The two complement each other to promote circulation so the red light treatment can have maximum results.
- Heat therapy works by stimulating your body's own healing force. Heat dilates the blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms. In addition, heat changes the sensation of pain.
- Vibration massage provides soothing relief for arthritis or other chronic conditions that result in pain in your fingers or hands. A variable speed vibration motor built into the hand grip begins to work immediately, providing a subtle, yet effective comfort by increasing blood circulation. In addition, vibration massage acts as a sensory distraction, interrupting chronic pain signals traveling to your brain thus helping provide relief without pills.
Why use both 660nm red LEDs and 850nm NIR (near infrared) LEDs?
Most wavelengths of light (ultraviolet, blue, green, infrared) do not penetrate the skin at all. Instead, they are absorbed into the outer layers of skin.
Red light and near-infrared are part of the therapeutic optical window. These wavelengths are able to significantly penetrate through the skin and into the tissue, giving them therapeutic benefits.
Triumph LTD Hand Therapy uses both 660nm and 850nm light because chromophores have an optical tissue window that ranges from 600nm to 1,400nm. Research has proven that light frequencies of 660nm and 850nm have the best tissue penetration. This optical tissue window allows the light to penetrate several millimeters and up to one inch or more into the hand tissue to treat the entirety of the hand and joints.
- 850nm is NIR (near infrared) is invisible to the human eye, but its wavelength allows it to penetrate over one inch into the hand tissue
- 660nm is called deep red light and can penetrate up to one quarter inch into the hand tissue
- One of the reasons Triumph LTD Hand Therapy is so profoundly effective is because of the anti-inflammatory effects of 660nm and 850nm light frequencies, which deactivate seven of the nine enzymes that cause inflammation by up to 70%
- Researchers working with NASA have found that light therapy using 660nm to 850nm can travel through skin and muscle tissue to prompt tissue and deep wound healing.
Another advantage of using these two specific frequencies is that deep red and infrared light penetrate the skin without cutting it. Additionally, there is evidence that deep red and infrared light stimulates mitochondrial functioning. Mitochondria are part of the cells that stimulate healing and produce protein and collagen.
Why don’t all the LEDs on Triumph glow red?
Triumph uses both 660nm and 850nm red-light frequencies. The 660nm is called deep red and visible to the human eye. It is the red glow you see when the unit is on.
The 850nm LEDs are near infrared (NIR), which is a light frequency that is invisible to the human eye. Don’t worry, they are all on!